I had an entry almost ready to post - but I've lost it. It was one of those super long posts as well as the recipe for beef rendang. *groan*
Anyway, in a nutshell:
- Went on a food safari with Yummy on Friday evening. How it all started was that both our Hubbies had plans (Mr Yummy had a boy's night out and the Hubby had to go back to camp) so she said it was the perfect opportunity to go on a food safari. It really was a win-win situation as she got to eat stuff she doesn't normally have with Mr Yummy, and I got to go to places I don't normally go to because I don't drive.
Decided on seafood at MacKenzie Rex- chilli crabs (we had 2!), cereal prawns, sotong char kuay, chicken rice without the chicken (brilliant!) all washed down with some chin chow. We then decided to try some place off our divine desserts list and ended up at Peaberry & Pretzel at Clementi for their panna cotta. Unfortunately they were out, but we still had a delicious chocolate cake and strawberry cheesecake. Yummms.
- Stayed the weekend at my parents place since the Hubby was off at camp. Spent most of my time glued to the TV watching the last few olympic events (synchronised swimming, team gymnastics) as well as the closing ceremony. I love being able to watch TV till 4am in the morning hehehe. Spent alot of time singing as well, making use of the magic mic that my mom has. Mom and sis joined me as well and we had a great time just belting out tune after tune.
- I've been planning to make beef rendang for the longest time but never got round to it because my MIL just makes such a wonderful version of it, but the weekend was my chance to try out the dish at my parent's place. The MIL was so sweet and helped to pack all the spices so I was lugging around a small little bag filled with chillis, cloves, cinammon, lime leaves and a whole host of other spices. Smelled really good though. Managed to successfully prepare the beef rendang and everyone said it tasted alright - except that there seemed to be something missing. I brought back a sample and it turns out my beef rendang was just not spicy enough. Every thing else was OK. YAAAAAAAAAAY!
- Too bad LGG has promised her mom to go off beef. For good. Which means she'll never be able to try my beef rendang. And chicken rendang just aint quite the same.
- Went to the gynae to collect the results of my blood test and no, I'm not pregnant. And I'm not pregnant because I'm not ovulating. Pfft. I guess my body isn't working. The doctor gave me some hormone pills to take and very simply said, "take the pills, produce eggs, get pregnant." If only it really was so easy. Anyway, not too sure whether to actually start taking them because of the upcoming Bhutan trip. Don't want to risk being pregnant and hiking up a mountain and hurling every half an hour. Oh well, let's see how it goes because patience has never really been my strong suit.
- I've got a new resolution for the year. Yeah so I'm more than 8 months into the year, sue me. I've decided that annoying people will no longer exist in my world and I'll just ignore them. So if you're talking to me and I'm just not responding - you know why! Heheheheh. Well, to clarify this a bit more, I think I'm going to make the effort to not let annoying people affect me so much. Especially annoying people who live in the same house. Life is too short to be annoyed by annoying people. *ignore ignore ignore*
- I'm thisclose to finishing my modules for my driving classes. Oh hmm actually no, not thisclose but this close. Ha, ok nevermind. I've got 2 more manual car driving lessons to go and 2 more auto car driving lessons. And the rest of my lessons will be revision lessons. I've got about 7 weeks to go, 2 of which I'll be in Bhutan. So hopefully I'll do OK.
- Bhutan Bhutan Bhutan! Nepal! Nepal! Nepal! Need I say more? Our tentative travel dates are 4 - 15 October, yippie!!!
- Other random stuff. Things I need to buy today: AAA batteries, Milo refills, a new desk for the room (I found a configuration for the furniture in my room that will be able to fit in a desk!!! No more typing on my bed!!!). I also need to send the laptop in for repair, it's falling apart. Plus, fasting month is coming soon.